It’s 1-odd hour into 2009, so let me wish all my family, friends, colleagues and business contacts a better 2009 than 2008 has been.
I chose to stay away from the crowds on the final day, and instead went for a run with my girlfriend, before packing my bag for our trip to Telunas Beach tomorrow, and settling down for a nice home-cooked dinner with my mum, while catching the captivating TV serial “The Little Nonya”.
2008 had begun well enough, but quickly degenerated into a blood bath. We’re still not out of the woods yet, and probably won’t be well out until sometime in 2010. A better year ahead perhaps?
I don’t typically do New Year resolutions either…but I’ll make an exception this year ;-):
- I will endeavor to turn my upcoming 2-year stint at the new company into a success – more on that as things get confirmed.
- I pray that I will learn greater understanding and patience, especially towards my loved ones.
- I intent to spend more time with myself in 2009 than I had in 2008, which wasn’t much to begin with.
- I resolve to buy myself a MacBook Pro to replace my 5+, almost 6-year old Powerbook, hopefully by Q1 2009. accomplished
- I resolve to get back into Photography in 2009 with my new rangefinder-ish black Panasonic Lumix LX-3 after I’d sold off my 20D + 17-40L + 24-70L + 70-200L IS towards the end of 2006. accomplished
- I promise to remain true to myself and begin every single day with a smile on my face.
What’s your New Year resolution(s)?